Thursday, April 17, 2008

00 Saverage Garden - Santa Monica

In this writing assignment, you will adopt the original “Santa Monica” by Savage Garden as our model to rewrite the lyric.
You will modify all the adjective phrases (lazy street, the coolest place,…) and find a city you are interested to describe it.
Consider the following situations and express your ideas
Talk about problems adjusting to life in the city.
Describe your first impressions of one city.
Introduce any aspect of visiting the city.

Presentation

In the your slides,present your 1 outline, 2some adjective phrases, 3show some pictures of the city you write about....
Entertain your class with your work: )

NOTE: Presenters must post their own wrings and pictures in the course blog. No credit for the late work.

Santa Monica by Savage Garden Adjective and noun phrases










http://www.sziec.com/momo.mp3


In Santa Monica, in the wintertime,



The 1__________ so undemanding I walk into the crowd





In Santa Monica, you get your coffee from 2_________ on the promenade where people dress 3_______ Beauty is so 4_______________, everywhere you turn It's there.
I sit and wonder “what am I doing here? “
But on the telephone line I am anyone I am anything I want to be.
I could be 5____________________ or 6_____________ And you wouldn't know the difference




Or would you?
In Santa Monica, all the people got 7___________ Like Jake or Mandy and8 ______________ too
In Santa Monica, on the boulevard, You'll have to 9___________ those 10______________
Or they'll 11_________ you ________ I never felt so lonely, Never felt so 12_________
I never wanted something 13_____________
But on the telephone line I am anyone I am anything I want to be
I could be 14_________________ or 15______________ And you wouldn't know the difference



On the telephone line, I am any 16___________ I am any 17________ I want to be
I could be a caped crusader, or 18___________ _________
And you wouldn't know the difference Or would you?
__________________________________________________
Adjective phrases
the coolest places telephone linecrowd lazy streetsjust soSpace invader太空侵入者caped crusader改革運動參與者modern bodies Modern namesout of place undemandingunavoidable不能避免In-line skatersSuper modelNorman Mailer Promenade-A public place for walking Dodge- hide quickly 閃躲 boulevard大道Norman Mailer an American novelist, journalist, essayist, poet, playwright, screenwriter, and film director.
promenade-A public place for walking Santa monica
__________________________________________________-

Student writing sample
Taipei CityIn Taipei City, in the summer time, The stressful people so hectic
I walk into the Air Condition room In Taipei City, you get your pearl milk tea from The longest veranda in the night market.Where people dress much alike Beauty so trendy, everywhere you turn It's there. I sit and wonder what I am doing here?But on the msn, I am anyone I am anything I want to be. I could be cute Jolin or cool Jay
And you wouldn't know the difference Or would you?In Taipei City, all the people got brand name purses Like LV or Coach And stylish hair tooIn Taipei City, on the street, You'll have to duck those reckless scooter riders or taxi drivers Or they'll run you over. It’s always been so burning hot, always been so blurry foggy I never wanted something less than this

No comments: