Tuesday, November 18, 2008

B9608055 Read Extension Libby-Jhongli City

Jhongli City


In Jhongli City, in the evening time,
The night market so prosperous I walk into the crowd


In Jhongli City, you get your clothes from the fashion shops on the promenade where people dress so cool
Vendor is so general, everywhere you turn It's there.
I sit and wonder "what am I doing here?"

But on the telephone line I am anyone I am anything I want to be.
I could be a salesperson or an artist
And you wouldn't know the difference
Or would you?


In Jhongli City, all the people ate delicious foods like beef noodles and peanut brittle and vegetables bun too



In Jhongli City, on the boulevard, you'll have to pay attention those cars
Or they'll run you down I never felt so lonely, Never felt so noisy
I never wanted something like it


But on the telephone line I am anything I want to be
I could be a salesperson or an artist
And you wouldn't know the difference
On the telephone line, I am any occupation I am any status I want to be
I could be a caped crusader, or superstar
And you wouldn't know the difference
Or would you?

1 comment:

NTUST BA 2008 Reading and Writing said...

Hello, I'm Sylvia.
I like your hometown. Not only the night market but also many delicious foods are so attracted to me. There is a night market in my country, too. There are also many tasty foods near the night market.
Perhaps your hometown should bring you many pleasant memories.